In case you haven’t noticed, it’s summer. And it’s hot as all get out in the South! Even my dogs are second guessing going outside.
Summer is my least favorite season, by far! Let me break down my distaste for you….
Top 5 Reasons I Don’t Like The Summer:
1) HOT. Did I mention it was hot?? Like sweat rolling down your back hot. How’s that for a mental picture?
2) Mosquitoes. I’m apparently very tasty to mosquitoes and believe me- they take advantage of it.
3) Yard Work. I’ve mentioned my black thumb in a previous post, but I also don’t enjoy any type of yard work. However, I’m single and Harvey and Raleigh don’t have opposable thumbs.
4) FOMO. Fear of missing out. If I’m not being productive for all the daylight hours I feel as if I’m wasting my life away. In the other seasons I don’t feel guilty binge watching Netflix, but summer is a different story.
5) Social Media. It’s the absolute worst in the summer. Yes, I see you went on a fabulous vacation to the Bahamas. Stop bombarding my wall with your pictures. (I’m bitter because I want to be in said Bahamas picture).
Annnd- on top of the reasons listed above I’m watching what I eat. Bulky sweaters can hide a little extra fluff, but a bikini (unfortunately) does not. Amiright?
Insert this Skinny Cheesecake Dip remedy. I’m a huge lover of cheesecake, and this is a good low-calorie alternative in the summer. When you pair it with fresh fruit slices, it becomes quite a refreshing dessert without leaving you stuffed to the gills.
The key is to make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature so it can completely mix with the other ingredients without becoming clumpy. Once you’ve done that and mixed your dip- you’re ready to enjoy at least one good thing about the summer.
Skinny Cheesecake Dip
Author: Morgan Fields
Serves: 4 to 6
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 oz low fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until fully combined and mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve with sliced fresh fruit.