Obviously, my favorite starch is pasta (I’m judging you if it isn’t, but you can still read this blog)- but occasionally I let loose and have some potatoes. Potatoes are definitely my second choice when I need a break from those noodles.
I love super creamy potatoes, but when I’m trying to be healthy- a simple, but flavorful potato will do.
Creamy potatoes are obviously delectable and indulging, but don’t leave you feeling like you’ve eaten like you’re supposed to. These potatoes will. Diets rejoice!!!
I love the simplicity of these potatoes. The combination of the acidity from the lemon olive oil and juice make it irresistible. Add the herb flavors and you’re going to love these potatoes, too.
The little lemon olive oil (one of my favorites) and some herbs make these potatoes very healthy and super flavorful. This recipe is a great one to pair with any meal, since the flavors can easily accompany any protein and any vegetable.
They even look good before roasting in the 375 degree oven. (Maybe even better).
When they’re in the oven, you can smell them cooking to perfection and developing the lemon herb flavors into what will be the best, roasted potatoes.
- 2 pounds red skinned potatoes, washed and diced into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup lemon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place diced potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil, dried rosemary, dried thyme, salt and pepper and lemon juice.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour potatoes on to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from and oven and stir.
- Place potatoes back in oven for 15 more minutes or until cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Let me know what you pair these babies with….