Risotto is all about the love, am I right?
You’ve got ‘love it, hold it, squeeze it’- well maybe not ‘squeeze it’ but you get the point. It takes love and devotion and sometimes ain’t nobody got time for that.
Which brings me to my point about this super-simple risotto dish that easily can impress without the hassle.
Risotto, normally takes a lot of care and affection and tending to. This risotto you pay attention to for a hot minute and then place it in the oven and allow the risotto magic to happen. It comes out of the oven super creamy and al dente.
This is the perfect recipe for entertaining because it’ll give you restaurant quality risotto without having to slave over the stove while your guests are in the kitchen.
The creamy texture of the risotto is cut with the hint of saltiness from the parmesan cheese. The addition of the peas not only makes the dish pleasing to the eye, but adds great texture.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 to 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat.
- Stir in the wine and cook until it has evaporated.
- Stir in the broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake 20 to 25 minutes in oven.
- Check the risotto, most of the liquid should be absorbed and rice just cooked.
- Stir in the peas and basil and return to the oven, uncovered, for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the butter and parmesan cheese.
- Add more salt or pepper if needed.
- Sprinkle extra cheese on top and garnish with extra basil.