A crispy exterior with juicy center. The perfect buffalo chicken wing.
You guys, I don’t know how you like your chicken wings, but I am P-R-E-T-T-Y particular about mine. If they don’t have a crispy exterior with a juicy center, I’m just not interested. I never thought I’d be able to replicate my favorite wings at home. Thankfully, my dream came true.
These baked buffalo chicken wings check ALL my boxes for the perfect bite.
Growing up the in the south, football has always been the most exciting time of the year. In fact, “football season” is by far my favorite of the four seasons. With football comes another favorite – tailgating and viewing parties. The camaraderie, the food spread, and sometimes a friendly competitive spirit – you just can’t get any better than that.
The south definitely has an emphasis on college football verses professional (these wings don’t pick a side, though.) My mom, co-contributor of Basil & Bourbon, is a die-hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan. My dad, taste-tester of Basil & Bourbon, is a die-hard Clemson University fan.
I, never received the NFL gene, so I’m a Clemson girl. #NationalChamps
Football food should be its own category. It’s THAT important! You need it easily accessible. You need it full of flavor. And you need it ready to please. Enter these delicious wings!
They are the epitome of what you want in a buffalo chicken wing. Super crisp outside and succulent in the middle, I promise – you won’t be disappointed. I am a chicken wing snob and these past the test! Try them and let me know what you think.
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 20 chicken wings
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing for dipping
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place cooking rack on top of baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Place flour, cayenne, salt and garlic powder in a resealable plastic bag and shake to mix. Pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel, then add chicken wings to the bag. Toss until wings are completely coated.
- Place wings on baking rack and refrigerate for at least 1½ hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Whisk butter and hot sauce in a small bowl. Take wings out of the refrigerator and dip wings into butter mixture and place back on baking rack.
- Bake 45 minutes or until crispy on the outside.
- Serve with you choice of dressing.